Sunday, March 28, 2010

Healthy Aging, Your Responsibility

Looking trough and organizing some pictures, I came upon a picture of a girlfriend of mine who came to visit me in Winnipeg in 2004 from Toronto We have not seen each other for years ,I picked her up at the airport and was shocked to see how obese she was. She lost her husband to cancer a few years back and never got over it. That contributed a lot to her present condition. She was medicating and comforting herself with food.
I looked forward to her visit not seeing her for so many years. I remembered her as a young vivacious slender woman, with a good sense of humour and I had a very difficult time hiding my shock and disappointment.
We talked about obesity, changing eating habits exercise walking. She seemed to listen but I wonder. She was telling me that life is short and I quote: “I will not deny myself the food I like just because I am a little overweight” end of quote
10 months ago, she died of a massive stroke, which could have been avoided She was 80.
She was in denial and many people believe that it cannot happen to them. It only happens to somebody else
We are what we eat and the hard work pays out on the end. I cannot stress it enough that WE and nobody else is responsible for our health.
Save Big on all Flights for Mother's Day + up to extra $15 off. Book Now with CheapOair.com. Offer Expires:May 09, 2010.
CheapOstay

bin/click?id=
Pharmacy Checker Approved and CIPA certified Online Pharmacy

Get 50% Off Select Bestseller books. Offer Valid 04/04 through 04/10/2010 only at goHastings.com $6.99 Select New Music Arrivals. Offer Valid 04/04 through 04/10/2010 only at goHastings.com Blu-ray movies for $9.99. Offer Valid 04/04 through 04/10/2010 only at goHastings.com

AHAVA - time line anti-aging from ahava Enter code AVAFF10 to receive 10% Off all orders over $40 at Ahava.com for one week only!

No comments:

Post a Comment