Sunday, January 9, 2011

SLOW AGING

This is the time of year when I go to escape the brutal winter in Winnipeg and fly to Arizona to my winter escape, which I bought 22 years ago on an impulse.
A small gated retirement community, beautifully landscaped, well run and very friendly. For 22 years I was able to escape the harsh winters of Winnipeg, where the temperature could drops to -40C to -50C with the wind shear. Not to mention the difficulty walking on slippery sidewalks or to drive on slippery roads.
Unfortunately this is coming to an end. As a Canadian when I live the country I have to have an out of country health insurance. Being 80+ the price for it hits the roof. It doesn`t seem to count if you are stable, on a very few medication which hasn`t changed for years and being claim free for the past 22 years. In the out of country health insurance land all this doesn`t make a dent. If you are 80+ in my case 86 you better pay or stay home. I understand that if anything happens it is very expensive but I feel that a person who takes care of oneself, on a very little medication and no claim ever should have a fair discount. It sure feels like a punishment. I could live comfortable for the 90 days I go every year, for the price of the insurance.
So I take one year at the time and hope to stay stable independent and to put the money together for my escape.
I hope you all had a good holiday season and didn`t broke your resolutions yet.
Proper and regular exercise and the change of eating habits to healthy food is the secret to slow the aging process. It works for me and if you keep it up it will work for you as well.
Remember; only you can do it.
AHAVA Mineral Makeup 468x60
Receive free samples with every order placed at AHAVA.com!
125x125_start_button_weil You're Just 4 Steps Away from your Free Vitamin Recommendation
Health to Happiness The Swedish Diet. Lose Weight the healthy way. Great source of Green Tea!
Allurez.com American Express Business Solutions Shop SkinCubed.com - Amazing Skin Care Products
CheapOstay





Save Big on Mardi Gras Travel Deals at CheapOair.com & enjoy the Carnival festivities. Book Now! Limited Period Offer expires March 8, 2011.

1 comment:

  1. You have a fabulous blog! I want to award you with one of my homemade awards: Inspiring Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

    I invite you to follow me since we have a lot in common, but no pressure. I’m not giving you the award just so you will follow me. You really do deserve it!
    Take care:-)

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete